- Over 100,000 people are shot every year, including nearly 40,000 people killed in 2017. It is estimated that 45,000 Americans have been paralyzed by guns.
- Sixty percent of all gun deaths in the US are suicides.
- Americans are ten times more likely to be killed by guns than people in other developed countries. Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the United States' gun-related murder rate is 25 times higher.
- Black children are 10 times more likely than white children to die from guns.
- More than 4 million American children live in homes with unsecured firearms.
- States and localities are leading the fight to reduce gun violence and have passed dozens of sensible gun laws since the 2016 Parkland shooting.
- The annual direct and indirect cost of gun violence in the US is estimated at $175-229 billion.
- There are more guns than people in the U.S.
- Gun ownership is constitutionally protected by the Second Amendment